Tinker Field Research Grants are available for graduate students to support travel and field-related expenses for pre-dissertation field research in Latin America and the Caribbean. Tinker will consider requests for virtual research on a case-by-case basis, particularly when travel becomes impractical, unsafe, or unethical due to unexpected events or external factors. Awards are open to graduate students across all academic disciplines and graduate degree programs. In 2024, the Tinker Foundation will allow travel to non-Spanish and Portuguese speaking countries in Latin America and the Caribbean!
2024 Tinker Grant Guidelines can be found here: Grant Guidelines
Applications are due 11:59 pm on January 7, 2024.
- Complete the application form: https://forms.gle/YTGE8Xgg4SZUoM3K7
- Upload a proposal narrative to the application.
- Upload an academic transcript (an unofficial transcript is acceptable) to the application.
- Ensure that one faculty member has submitted a recommendation for you using the following link: https://forms.gle/XvfdSsjLFimmjLWeA
- Submit all application materials by 11:59 pm, January 7, 2024.
- For more information, write to Julia Byrd, email@example.com
- Click here for a see a list of past projects
- Curious to hear about student experiences in the field? The Tinker Field Research Collaborative is a group of universities that support students with Tinker Field Research grants. The Collaborative has produced a podcast to highlight Tinker student research and experiences. Listen to the first episode or second episode.