March 20, 2023
The Center for Latin American Studies has some upcoming opportunities for graduate students and faculty in the coming year. Please share with your networks.
- 2023 Latin American Studies Association Congress Travel Grants: Travel stipends for Berkeley students to present at the 2023 LASA Congress - due April 1.
- Event Series Grants: Funding for event series of events in the 2023-24 academic year, organized by multidisciplinary groups of faculty members or graduate students - due April 15.
- CLAS Working Group Grants: For groups of UC Berkeley faculty, staff, and students to gather regularly in 2023-24 to discuss and share research on topics of mutual interest - due April 15.
- Event & Conference Co-Sponsorship Grants: For UC Berkeley students, faculty, staff, and researchers to organize conferences, lectures, and cultural events in the 2023-24 academic year - due date is rolling.
- Office space available for graduate students:CLAS has two private office spaces for graduate students to use for writing and work on topics related to Latin America, during summer 2023. You will have access to the building and CLAS resources (meeting space, office utilities, etc.) Preference for students at the dissertation writing stage. Interested? Send a brief 1-paragraph summary of your research and how you will use the office space firstname.lastname@example.org - due date is rolling.
- Free Mam language and culture course: In partnership with Laney Community College and the local Mayan Community, we are organizing a non-credit Mam language workshop over the summer. Classes will meet in person in Oakland (Laney College at Fruitvale Public Library, both accessible by BART). Classes are Mon-Thurs 4-6pm, and Saturdays 10am-12pm, Monday, June 12 to Saturday, July 22. Registration is not open yet, but if you are interested, please email Julia.email@example.com.